Saturday, June 18, 2011

Curveball...

On May 2, 2011 it was announced that Arch Coal, Inc. was going to acquire International Coal Group, Inc. and unfortunately that meant most if not all (100 or so) ICG corporate employees would be out of a job...fast forward to June 15, 2011...I am officially unemployed. Talk about being thrown a curveball! Not to mention I'd being lying if I said it wasn't a little bit of a blow to your ego to say you were "layed off!" It all happened so fast and now the question is "what next"? Stay home with my girls? Find another job? Find a part-time job? Thankfully, I was given a pretty decent severance package, so we have some time to decide. The message at church last Sunday was "What Happens When Life Gets Hard?" It couldn't have been more appropriate.

No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.~1 Corinthians 10:13 (MSG)


I'm staying home for the summer and I know that we will be completely fine no matter what I decide to do long-term. So for right now I have three pretty good reasons to keep smiling...





Ok, well make that four!


PS~Thanks to Meghan at Picture This Photography for the great pics of the girls (more to come)!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Yup, it will all work out! Steven said u could always work at A&F (even part time!) but u should DEFINITELY enjoy your summer!