Sunday, September 4, 2011

Projects, Part II

One project that I've been working on, that I didn't mention in the last post, is SEWING! I have been wanting to learn for a long time, so I enlisted the help of my oh so talented seamstress mother! I'm pretty sure that she could make just about anything, so when I found similar collegiate dresses (none of which were WVU of course) on Etsy I asked her if she would teach me how to make them. This was the first time I have ever sat down at the sewing machine and after it was all said and done, I think I'm hooked!




Mom started me from the beginning which was finding the pattern and fabric to cutting out the material and then finally sewing it all together. She helped me quite a bit with Ella's (that was the first one) and then by the time I got to Evie's dress I felt pretty comfortable and did it pretty much on my own! I am very happy with the finished product and I think they are adorable! Go Mountaineers!!
















Next, in the works is a dress for Evie's birthday and dresses for Halloween!!


1 comment:

Sara Price said...

Love the dresses and those models are adorable!!