Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Projects

Being a homeowner, I think that you always have a "list" of things that you would like to do to your house, so I decided that since I'm not working I would try to scratch a few things off of ours.



I have been wanting to do some sort of wall gallery for a long time and couldn't decide on a good place to do it. Finally, I went with the wall above the couch in our living room. I forgot to take a "before" picture, but just imagine a couple of shelves with a few frames. The best part about this project was the cost! I already had all but two of the frames and I just needed to get a couple of my black and white pics in larger sizes. I probably only spent about $10 to get the finished product! I was pretty happy with how it turned out!


(After I took the pic I bought some poster putty to put on the back of the frames to help keep them straight... so far so good!)



On to the dining room....


This is the BEFORE picture (well after I took the pictures off the wall). Ughh!! I have never liked the dining room. The walls were red when we moved in and at first I was ok with them, but the longer we've lived here the more I hated them! The worst part about this room was that I never felt it looked "finished." Just some random stuff hung on the wall to fill the space...


Here is the AFTER... I think it loooks much better and more put together. We took the hutch off of the buffet, which opened up the room a lot and the lighter color paint makes the room look much bigger! I kinda love my turquoise vase! I'm still debating on a rug for the room, but all in all it is much improved!



I just got finished painting the master bathroom and after I get it all finished I'm moving on to the basement! More pics to follow!



No comments: